Wednesday 1 May 2013

An Interview with the Enemy Cain Unwin

This is an interview with Cain 'the Enemy' Unwin




Cain is a new name in the world of darts and one to look out for in future competitions. He has made a big impact locally and is playing on the PDC Challenge Tour this year.





1. When did you start playing darts? When did it start getting ‘serious’?

I started playing about 18-24 months ago, And it got into it in a serious way about 12-18months ago.




2. How did you and Nevada come about?

I was playing in the Local league, got noticed and it went from there really.




3. Who do you play your non PDC darts for?

I play for Charnwood in super league, Team Leicestershire youth, and some singles leagues.




4. Any major ambitions?

It would have to be to Eventually become a pro, but it takes time and dedication. But I'm willing to put the effort in.




5. What’s your favourite tournament?

This year its the PDC Unicorn Challenge. The East Midlands open is also good, just needs to be more of them.




6. Describe your throw in 3 words.

Strange, Rhythmless, Powerful.







7. What was the highlight of 2012?

I think it would have to be Nevada darts wanting to sponsor me.




8. What do you do to relax away from darts?

I enjoy playing Poker.




9. Tell me something we don’t know about you.

I am a Mathematical Genius! Haha




10. Do you have any darts weaknesses -

My weakness is Concentration when practising with others.




11. Whats your walk-on tune and why?

Wiley- Can you hear me. I think. lyrics match, to the kind of person you have to be when playing darts.








12. Do you take much notice of the social media side of darts i.e.: Twitter, Face book etc -

I do sometimes, yes.




13. When your not playing do you enjoy watching any other players play? Who?

I just love the game, darts is always enjoyable to watch, it just makes you want to play even more.




14. What darts do you use?

I don't really know much about them, apart from they are 24g, they are my dads old darts.




15. Do you have any Darting heroes?

My darting hero is the Dutchman Raymond Van Barneveld.



16. Team Nevada has been tagged the ‘Young Guns’ , A good description?

Yeah, That sounds good to me!







A big thank you to Cain for doing this interview and for Jon Archer for making it possible.



This interview was done by Richard on Wednesday the 1st of May 2013.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment