Thursday 20 February 2014

An Interview With PDC Player Pete Dyos






When did you start playing darts? When did it start getting ‘serious’?

Started playing 2006 ish local league, serious 2009 county for Cambridgeshire.





What darts do you use?

Multicoloured 24g Peter Wright darts.





Who do you play your non PDC/BDO darts for?

Play Cambridge Super league for Comrades B.





What darting ambitions do you have?

Ambition is to be the best player I can be and to grace the Ally Pally stage as I grew up 15 mins away from there.





What’s your favourite tournament?

My Fav comp is the Matchplay at Blackpool or as I call it little Vegas, it's in the summer and the crowd are always up for a great time.





Describe your throw in 3 words.

Don't copy it!







What was the highlight of 2012?

New Year's Eve had a shocking 2013 next lol





What do you do to relax away from darts?

Nights out with the lads, walking my pet goat.





Tell me something we don’t know about you?

I once modelled balaclavas for Vogue magazine





Do you have any darts weaknesses?

Women haha no probably try too hard at times.





Whats your walk-on tune and If not that what else would you walk on tune be?

Probably something deep and meaningful like Gay Bar by Electric Six.





Do you take much notice of the social media side of darts i.e: Twitter, Facebook etc

Love the banter on Facebook and Twitter, don't mind critics they drive me on.





When your not playing do you enjoy watching any other players play? Who?

Dave Chisnall and A.V.G aka Andrew van Gilding.





Do you have any darting heroes?

Taylor is the colonial of darts and was a great influence but Justin pipe springs to mind as he has used his boring slow style to work to his advantage and get him in to the top 10, sorry j p ;)





Have you always wanted to be a darts pro? If you hadn’t of been that what would you be doing now?

No I haven't always wanted to, I was mental on football in my younger days but when I discovered the physical game of darts I was hooked. If I wasn't playing darts I would probably of been a fluffer for some amateur adult films.





Do you enjoy the practice side of darts?

Love the practice side of darts just frustrating sometimes when your practicing well and don't play as well in games.





Do you have any funny printable darts stories you can tell me?

Before I joined the PDC I used to go and watch Dave Chisnall at the pro tour events, one day we were in Birmingham when I heard a loud bang, Peter the rock Hudson had gone to sit on a plastic chair and went straight through it, it was hilarious but to top it off he came in the next day and done it again... Keep off the donuts big man ;)





If you could change the outcome of a match you have played in what would it be?

I lost 6 0 in Dublin last year to James Richardson and the best shot I did all match was win the bull, it was the worst game I've ever had... Wish it was 6 1 ha ha
 
 
 





A big thank you to Pete for doing this interview, it was a pleasure.





This interview was done 20th February 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment